French bread is one of the best bread varieties out there because it is crispy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside. Grocery stores sell frozen french bread so that you can enjoy this delicacy whenever a craving hits, but how should you reheat it for the most enjoyable eating experience every time?
Reheat frozen french bread using the following steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Remove the bread from the freezer, remove the plastic packaging, and put the loaf in the oven
- Let cook for 40 minutes
- Take out, let cool, and enjoy!
This article will explain the right way to reheat frozen french bread and answer related questions about the process. So, read on to find out how to make your frozen french bread look and taste like it was just made in a Parisian bakery.
Typically, baguettes will go hard if they are not eaten on the day of purchase.
However, frozen french bread lasts much longer. Frozen baguettes are best reheated in the oven. This gives them a more even cook and will allow you to get as close to the fresh bakery taste and texture as possible.
To warm up your frozen french bread in the oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Take the bread out of the freezer, take off the packaging, and place in on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Bake bread in the oven for 40 minutes
- Take the bread out of the oven, let it cool for 30 minutes so that the moisture can move to the crust, and enjoy!
To reduce the baking time to 8 to 10 minutes, you can let the bread defrost after taking it out of the fridge. Since the majority of the frost will be melted off the bread, it will need less time in the oven.
Related Article: How to Keep Toast Fresh Every Time
Reheating Frozen French Bread in the Microwave
You can reheat frozen french bread in the microwave. However, the microwave will remove moisture from anything that it heats. Bread already lacks moisture, so it will become hard when microwaved.
If you want to reheat your bread in the microwave without it getting hard, use the following steps:
- Get a cloth damp by running it underwater for a few seconds
- After the frozen french bread has defrosted, wrap it in the damp cloth so that it retains some moisture
- Heat the bread in the microwave for 15-30 seconds
- Check the bread to make sure it is reheated properly and warm for more time if needed
- If it is heated the way you like it, take the bread out of the microwave and cloth and enjoy
Best Way to Defrost Frozen Bread
Place the bread on an uncovered plate and microwave on high for 10-15 seconds. Then, place in the oven to fully cook if desired. This speeds up the defrost process because it normally takes around 3-4 hours for a whole loaf of bread to defrost at room temperature. Defrosting bread at room temperature can also make it stale.
When defrosted in the microwave, the starch and water molecules in the bread will break down the ice crystals, making the bread soft and ready to eat.
Any frozen bread, including frozen french bread, can last for up to 6 months. However, the length of time it will last can vary depending on the type of ingredients in the bread and the way it is stored. Provided that it was stored correctly, it can last well after the expiration date.
For example, french bread that is kept frozen at 0 degrees Fahrenheit will stay fresh indefinitely.
To make frozen french bread with crispy edges, drench the bread in cold water, wrap the loaf in aluminum foil, and place it in a non-preheated oven for 12-15 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
The moisture will be concentrated in the crust and make it crispy, while the inside of the bread remains soft. Yay for crispy edges!
Once you have cooked your frozen french bread and had your fill, you may be wondering how to store it properly until you are ready to indulge again. Avoid putting your french bread in the refrigerator. Instead, freeze it again and bake it as described above when you want to eat it.
Putting the bread in the refrigerator will cause the alignment of the starch molecules to change rapidly, causing it to become stale faster than normal. Refrigerated bread will also retain too much moisture, so it will be soggy unless heated.
Of course, you can eat the bread on its own and enjoy it once it is cooked properly. You can also use your frozen french bread for other things as well, especially if it is a little stale. Here are some of the best things you can do with frozen french bread:
- Make your own bread crumbs
- Transform the loaf into croutons
- Add texture to your favorite meatball recipe
- Bake a yummy bread pudding
- Turn slices into crostini
- Use the bread to make soup thicker
- Add eggs and vegetables to the bread to make a strata
There are many uses for a loaf of frozen french bread. No matter what you choose to do with it, it will make any meal better or be a tasty snack on its own. Bread has always been a versatile food.
Frozen french bread is best reheated in the oven for 15-20 minutes after defrosting in the microwave. This method helps the bread retain its well-known taste and texture. Frozen french bread will last for a minimum of 6 months, or longer if stored properly. You can enjoy frozen french bread on its own or use it in a variety of tasty meals like meatballs and bread pudding.
Read Also: How To Defrost Tortillas? 5 Easy Ways!