Biting into a ravioli stuffed pasta is something you enjoy with pure bliss. You not sure how it will taste like, but you know the stuffing is cheese and a combination of meat or vegetable, so it should be good. The ravioli pillows have a soft and chewy texture, which is a gastronomic delight for anyone.
The best store-bought ravioli are those that use natural ingredients minus the preservatives, flavoring, or coloring. Lean Cuisine Ravioli is organic and contains no GMO cheese and vegetables without any preservatives. It is in the mid-price range for freshly made frozen food.
Many selections are available in the market, with each brand having its advantages and reason to try it out. Each listed item has gone through customer ratings and ranked from the highest feedback to the lowest. Each item has its price and its calorie content, so you choose what suits you best.
The store-bought ravioli will last for 3-4 days inside the refrigerator but will last longer in the freezer. There’s also the option of buying canned ravioli or ravioli packs that need no refrigeration. The ravioli pasta is like an envelope that is sealed with two thin layers of thin pasta and has different fillings and flavors.
Best Ravioli Flavors:
Ravioli is a wrapping made of egg pasta filled with different ingredients like meats and sausages, different kinds of cheeses, and some vegetables. Ravioli dates its roots back in northern Italy, but each region has its version. Ravioli pasta can be a square, circle, or semi-circle and cooked in a broth or sauce.
- Beef Ravioli
- Italian Sausage Ravioli
- Spicy Italian Sausage Ravioli
- Cheese Ravioli
- Three Cheese Ravioli
- Four Cheese Ravioli & Chicken Marinara
- Riccota Cheese and Spinach Ravioli
- Cheese & Basil Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
- Squash & Sage Ravioli
Top 10 Store-Bought Ravioli
Ordering your package of ravioli is a bit tricky because you do not know what you’re going to get once you open the box. It is a trial and error on which taste is appealing to you and which you would never buy after tasting the first round. With the ten choices below, use it to guide your choice.
- Top 10 Store-Bought Ravioli
- Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli
- Amy’s Frozen Bowls, Cheese Ravioli with Sauce
- EVOL Butternut Squash and Sage Ravioli
- Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli
- Devour Pesto Ravioli with Spicy Italian Sausage
- Lean Cuisine, Ricotta Cheese, and Spinach Ravioli
- Healthy Choice Four Cheese Ravioli & Chicken Marinara
- Marie Callender’s Tomato Four Cheese Ravioli
- Udi’s Gluten-Free Gourmet Three Cheese Ravioli
- HMR Cheese and Basil Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli
- Weight: 7.5 ounces
- Flavor: Beef Ravioli
- Package: pack of 12 cups
Chef Boyardee’s Beef in Tomato and Meat Sauce Ravioli used quality ingredients with no artificial flavors, no artificial color, and no preservatives. The 7.5 oz. microwavable cups have 200 calories and perfect for an easy snack or instant meal. The whole family can easily prepare this snack has 6 grams of protein and 28 grams of total carbohydrates.
I first bought this dish and left it in the cupboard where the kids can grab a snack anytime. I looked into the trash bin and saw each had eaten two cups of ravioli after school. For the price of $0.99, I did not hesitate to reorder more. Just glad the kids loved the taste and went back for seconds.
- Chef Boyardee’s Beef Ravioli cup is a low-carb and all-natural ingredient food cup that is a healthy option for the whole family.
- The Beef Ravioli snack size is value for money as it uses quality ingredients with very few preservatives and transfat.
- It is easy to prepare a meal by heating in the microwave on high for 45 seconds then allowing the cup to cool down for a minute before opening the lid to eat.
Amy’s Frozen Bowls, Cheese Ravioli with Sauce
- Weight: 9.5 ounces
- Flavor: Cheese Ravioli with Sauce
- Package: pack of 1 cup
Amy’s Frozen Bowls Cheese Ravioli made with organic ingredients that are non-GMO, soy-free, tree nut-free, and Kosher certified. The 9.5 ounces frozen pack has 340 calories with 12 grams of protein and 48 grams of carbohydrates. You can prepare this instant meal by microwave on a high setting for 4-5 mins, or removing the contents in the cup and heat in the oven at 375°F for 40-45 minutes.
I wanted to try this organic ravioli pack out of curiosity and do my bit for the environment, even if it was pricey for five bucks. I took out the contents and transferred them to a baking dish with the oven setting at 375°F. The flavors are fresh, and the ravioli maintained its shape without collapsing.
- Amy’s Frozen Bowls Cheese Ravioli is a bowl of organic, non-GMO, soy-free, and nut-free ingredients that protects those who have food allergies or sensitivities to the above.
- This frozen ravioli instant meal uses high-quality ingredients but is priced on the higher side at $ 5.29 per cup.
- The packaging with a cup overwrap is easy to pop in the microwave for a quick-fix meal for a convenient eat and go.
EVOL Butternut Squash and Sage Ravioli
- Weight: 8.13 ounces
- Flavor: Butternut Squash and Sage Ravioli
- Package: pack of 1 cup
Evol Butternut Squash and Sage Ravioli is a Vegetarian dish that is all-natural and non-GMO ingredients, with no artificial flavors, colors, or fillers. The 8.13 ounces single-serve pack has 310 calories with 12 grams of protein and 44 grams of carbohydrates. This easy to prepare a cup of ravioli can go straight into the microwave and cook on a high setting for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
I bought this for my vegetarian brother, who asked for the carton box to buy more on his next grocery run. He loved the taste of the roasted squash, tomato, and garlic sauce over the ravioli stuffed cheese pasta. Straight from the freezer to the microwave, I did not have to prepare anything or even clean up.
- Evol Butternut Squash and Sage Ravioli is a guaranteed winner for vegetarians who appreciate all the natural non-GMO ingredients.
- It’s an easy and simple meal to prepare from the freezer to the table in less than five minutes.
- Frozen ingredients are done at the peak of freshness to prove that the age-old practice of freezing perishable foods still works to this day.
Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli
- Weight: 15 ounces
- Flavor: Italian Sausage
- Package: Pack of 12 cans
Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli has ingredients with no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, or no preservatives. A 15 oz. can with a pop-up lid has 240 calories and 9 grams of protein. You can prepare this ready-to-serve dish in 90 seconds by pouring contents in a cup and microwave on a high setting for 1 minute and 30 seconds or heat in stovetop at medium heat with continuous stirring.
I always stock up on this ready-to-serve meal because it’s easy to store and prepare when needed. The Italian sausage stuffing works well with the light tomato sauce, giving it a smooth-tasting experience. My husband pulls out the lid and bakes it in the oven while the whole house smells the fragrant flavors in the kitchen.
- Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Italian Sausage Ravioli uses natural ingredients with no artificial flavors or coloring.
- The canned Italian Sausage Ravioli has a longer shelf life with no need for refrigeration or freezing.
- Easy and Convenient to prepare by transferring the contents in a baking dish or microwave, and you’re ready to serve.
Devour Pesto Ravioli with Spicy Italian Sausage
- Weight: 12 ounces
- Flavor: Basil Pesto Sauce & Spicy Italian Sausage
- Package: Pack of 1
Devour Pesto Ravioli with Spicy Italian Sausage is a frozen meal packed with mouth-watering flavors and has an enhanced taste and different texture. The 12 ounces box has 670 calories with 29 grams of protein and 55 grams of carbohydrates. You can prepare this meal by microwave for fast preparation.
I always keep a stock of this frozen meal with Pesto ravioli with spicy Italian Sausage for instant dinners when I ran out of ideas to serve. The stuffed ravioli with different kinds of cheese is a mix of Ricotta, Asiago, skim Mozzarella, and Pecorino Romano cheese gives a rich flavor with the cubed Italian Sausage. I pulled back the corner film of the tray, and microwave at high temperature for 3.5 minutes. Then stir contents and microwave for another 2 minutes before cooling.
- Devour Pesto Ravioli with Spicy Italian Sausage is full-flavored and does not scrimp on its spicy and ingredients.
- The 12 ounces pack serves a generous plate for two persons and is satisfied with the meal.
- The Pesto Ravioli with Spicy Italian Sausage leans towards the oily side but flavorful nonetheless.
Lean Cuisine, Ricotta Cheese, and Spinach Ravioli
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Flavor: Ricotta Cheese and Spinach
- Package: Pack of 1
Lean Cuisine Ricotta Cheese and Spinach Ravioli is an organic meal that uses non-GMO ingredients and no preservatives. This 8 ounces tray pack has 310 calories with 10 grams of protein. You can prepare this frozen meal by microwave on high for 5 mins, and it is ready to serve on the table.
I bought the Ricotta cheese and Spinach Ravioli when I saw it on the chiller rack and wondered if it would taste good. The cheesy ravioli with spinach did not disappoint and mixed with a tasty tomato sauce. I opened the overwrap in the tray and placed it in the microwave on high for 4 minutes to give it a good stir before cooking another 2 minutes for thorough cooking.
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta Cheese and Spinach Ravioli use non-GMO organic ingredients without any preservatives to keep it as naturally prepared as possible.
- The package tray is easy to cook in the microwave and serve on the table, making it a hassle-free meal.
- The frozen meal when tastes like a freshly made pasta meal and not artificially and commercially flavored.
Healthy Choice Four Cheese Ravioli & Chicken Marinara
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Flavor: Four Cheese and Chicken Marinara
- Package: Pack of 1
Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Four Cheese Ravioli and Chicken Marinara is a frozen meal made without any preservatives. This 10 ounces pack has 250 calories with 17 grams of protein and 22 grams of carbohydrates. This steam-cooked quick meal can easily be prepared by microwave for any mealtime.
My daughter was raving about the meal that she ate in her classmate’s house. She said we had to get our stock for the family because the cheese ravioli with chicken marinara tasted so good with ravioli stuffed Ricotta, Asiago, Parmesan, Romano Cheese, and spinach. I bought the same thing to try for myself and liked the taste after heating it in the microwave at high temperature for 4.5-5.5 minutes, then let it cool by stirring the sauce.
- Healthy Choice Four Cheese Ravioli and Chicken Marinara are very affordable for the quantity in the pack.
- It is a low 250 calorie meal with 17 grams of protein that you can confidently serve to the family and know it has natural ingredients without the preservatives.
- The easy to prepare quick-meal only takes five minutes to prepare and cooked at high temperature in the microwave.
Marie Callender’s Tomato Four Cheese Ravioli
- Weight: 11 ounces
- Flavor: Four Cheese Ravioli
- Package: Pack of 1 bowl
Marie Callender’s Garden Tomato Four Cheese Ravioli is a tasty frozen meal that is free from any preservatives or artificial flavors. The 11 ounces bowl has 320 calories with 12 grams of protein and 39 grams of carbohydrates. You will find this instant meal easy to prepare by cooking in the microwave for 4.5-5.5 minutes and let cool down for two minutes.
I keep a steady stock of this product because it is comfort food that the family loves. After all, it is simple and light in the palette. The ravioli stuffing of Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Romano Cheeses covered in Marina sauce gives a perfect light blend that is not too heavy in the tummy. It is a reasonably priced item for the quality and quantity of the product that you can prepare by quick microwave for about five minutes.
- Marie Callender’s Garden Tomato Four Cheese Ravioli is comfort food that you should have in your freezer and can eat at any time.
- The price of the Four Cheese Ravioli is value for money for the quantity of the package.
- The instant meal is easy to prepare and ready to serve in less than five minutes.
Udi’s Gluten-Free Gourmet Three Cheese Ravioli
- Weight: 18 ounces
- Flavor: Three Cheese
- Package: Pack of 1 pan
Udi’s Gluten-Free Gourmet Three Cheese Ravioli Skillet Meal targets a gluten-free lifestyle, Celiac, or a gluten-sensitive person. The 18 ounces pan has 410 calories with 16 grams of protein and 48 grams of carbohydrates. The pan serves for two, which you can microwave for four minutes and ready to serve.
My best friend has been on a gluten-free diet since we were single, meaning she skips the great stuff like bread and pasta. The ravioli filled with ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses stuffed in a gluten-free ravioli casing mixed with tomato sauce. I gifted her with a pack for her to try, and she loved the fact she could eat a ravioli minus the gluten ingredient.
- Udi’s Gluten-Free Gourmet Three Cheese Ravioli Skillet Meal is a bit pricey for a package that serves a small portion for two people.
- The Three Cheese Ravioli is a welcome treat for people with Celiac and allergy to gluten because they can now enjoy a pasta version of ravioli.
- The setting of the microwave reads 8.5 minutes, but that dries out the tomato sauce. It’s safer to set it at half the time and allow it to cool.
HMR Cheese and Basil Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Flavor: Cheese and Basil Ravioli with Tomato Sauce
- Package: Package of 6 meal trays
HMR Cheese and Basil Ravioli with Tomato Sauce is a complete diet meal that will help you lose weight without sacrificing the flavor. The 8 oz. tray has a low 220 calories with 10 grams of protein and 32 grams of carbohydrates. You do not need to store it in the freezer or refrigerator and leave it in the cupboard or shelf.
I needed to lose a few pounds for my high school reunion but could not go on a starvation diet since I had an 8-hour job and would not risk collapsing. I enjoyed the delicate taste of the cheese and basil ravioli in tomato sauce. I did not feel deprived of enjoying my meal. You can microwave for a minute on a high setting for a minute or two but make sure to cook it thoroughly.
- HMR Cheese and Basil Ravioli with Tomato Sauce is a calorie-controlled meal that helps you lose weight if you strictly eat what is allowed.
- You do not need to refrigerate the tray and keep it in the cupboard with your canned goods.
- The Cheese and Basil Ravioli with tomato sauce are easy to prepare and takes only a minute.
Getting the best store-bought ravioli is easy but with the many brands available, it is best to narrow it down to different categories. You consider the price range on a per-serving basis, the dietary benefits, and allergy restrictions.
The most economical brands are Chef Boyardee’s Ravioli meals in cans and cups, Marie Callender, and Healthy Choice. The mid-priced brands are Lean Cuisine, Devour, Evol, and Amy’s Frozen Bowls.
Among the list above, the brand Healthy Choice and HMR are the healthier choice with a low-calorie count. The Vegetarian meals are Evol and the gluten-free brand is Udi’s. The remaining brands are popular favorites.
If you are still confused, start with Lean Cuisine (my favorite).