Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, 4th Edition by Weight Watchers includes recipes like Provençal-Style Stuffed Tomatoes; Chicken and Broccoli Rabe with Polenta; and Caramelized Onion, Fig, and Stilton Pizza.
Caramelized Onion, Fig,
and Stilton Pizza
A Stilton is considered one of the world's greatest cheeses. There are only six dairies licensed to produce this special cheese, and it can only be made in the English counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, and Nottingham. Stilton takes its name from the village where it was first made.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 Vidalia or other sweet onions,
- 6 dried figs, stemmed and sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) prebaked thin whole wheat
- 3 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
1. Place rack on lowest rung of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray nonstick pizza pan or baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add figs and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown and figs are softened, about 12 minutes longer.
3. Place pizza crust on prepared pizza pan. Spoon onion mixture evenly over crust; sprinkle with Stilton. Bake until topping is heated through and cheese is softened, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving (1/6 of Pizza): 140 grams, 258 Cal, 8 g Total Fat, 4 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 11 mg Chol, 434 mg Sod, 40 g Total Carb, 16 g Total Sugar, 8 g Fib, 9 g Prot, 163 mg Calc.
PointsPlus value: 7
Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, 4th Edition
- by Weight Watchers
- Wiley 2010
- 416 pages; Hardcover Binder; $29.95 US
- ISBN-10: 047061451X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-470-61451-8
- Reprinted by permission.
- Provençal-Style Stuffed Tomatoes
- Chicken and Broccoli Rabe with Polenta
- Caramelized Onion, Fig, and Stilton Pizza
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created March 2011