Berry Breakfast Risotto
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Arborio rice, an Italian short-grain rice, cooks into a warm, creamy risotto. Berries and mint add a refreshing flavor that will brighten up any morning meal.
For even better flavor, macerate the strawberries and raspberries. Toss them with 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar and let stand for 1 hour.
Medium rice cooker; fuzzy logic only
- 1 cup Arborio rice 250 mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 2 cups water 500 mL
- 1 cup half-and-half (10%) cream 250 mL
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10 mL
- 1 cup raspberries 250 mL
- 1 cup sliced strawberries 250 mL
- Fresh mint leaves
1. In the rice cooker bowl, combine rice, sugar, water, cream and vanilla. Set the rice cooker for the Porridge cycle. Stir thoroughly two or three times while the risotto is cooking.
2. When the machine switches to the Keep Warm cycle, fold in raspberries and strawberries. Serve immediately, garnished with mint.
300 Best Rice Cooker Recipes
Also Including Legumes and Whole Grains
- by Katie Chin
- Robert Rose 2011
- Paperback; 400 pages; $27.95 CDN; $24.95 US
- ISBN-10: 0778802809
- ISBN-13: 9780778802808
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created November 2011