Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood by Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming includes recipes like Beef Vegetable Quinoa Soup; Ginger Edamame Quinoa; and Salmon and Red Quinoa on Asparagus with Lime Cilantro Sauce.
Get the essentials of fiber, protein, calcium, vitamin C and iron in this amazingly complete entrée loaded with superfoods.
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped red bell pepper
(about 1 pepper)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger (or
- 1 tsp/5 mL grated fresh ginger)
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked diced chicken, beef, pork
or whole shrimp, or diced tofu
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked black beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) edamame beans, shelled and steamed
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
Bring the quinoa and the 2 cups (500 mL) of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave the covered saucepan on the burner for another 6 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
Heat a large wok or saucepan on medium heat. Add the oil, the 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of water and the broccoli. Cover and cook the mixture for 4 minutes. Add the red pepper, garlic and ginger, replace the cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until the broccoli and peppers are tender yet crisp. Add the chicken, black beans, edamame and soy sauce. Stir in the quinoa and continue to heat until it is heated throughout. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days.
- The Everyday Superfood
- by Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming
- Whitecap 2010
- Paperback; 208 pages; $29.95
- ISBN-10: 1552859940
- ISBN-13: 978-1-55285-994-0
- Reprinted by permission.
Buy Quinoa 365
- Beef Vegetable Quinoa Soup
- Ginger Edamame Quinoa
- Salmon and Red Quinoa on Asparagus with Lime Cilantro Sauce
- Cookbook Profile Archive
This page created February 2011